Mentor N Motion Mentor's Enrollment Activities
1.Future mentors must consent to submit a background check document if they are accepted in the program.
Mentors are responsible for the cost of the background check (between $13 to $20).
2.Future mentors must consent to comply to the Mentors’ Roles and Responsibilities.
3.Future mentors must agree to the Mentors ’ Code of Conduct.
4.Future mentors must consent to stay on the program for the duration of the mentoring session, unless when unforeseen events occurred.
5.Future mentors must fill out and submit the online mentor application form.
Follow Up Phone Conversation
1. A program coordinator will contact mentor applicant for a follow up conversation.
2.The follow up conversation will serve to collect additional information regarding applicant’ interests and goals.
3.The application and phone conversation information will be used to identify mentors that match a mentee’s interests.
1. Future mentors are notified of conditional acceptance decision via email.
2. Future mentors will submit a background check that meets the following requirements:
Submit a comprehensive criminal background check results including a search from national criminal records database, along with sex offender and child abuse registries.
3. If all requested documents are received and are satisfactory, future mentors will receive a username and a password to create an online profile.
4. Mentors will have access to trainings, tutorials, webinars, on-demand videos, and soft skills trainings.
5. Applicants who are not accepted in will have the opportunity to take corrective actions.
Why Online Mentoring?
What's In It for Mentors?
Psychological and behavioral health
Interactions with youth and mentors
Broaden social network
Help youth succeed
Bridge the mentoring gap
Awards and Recognition for impacting a younger life
Comfort and Convenience: No time constraints, you control the meeting time to suit your availability and your mentee’s.
No Commute: Video meetings from your phone or computer.
Training: We provide a Learning Management System (LMS) for personal development
Support: Our program coordinators are available to support you.
How do I become a mentor? Submit an application.
Attend Online Orientation
Mentors will receive an invitation to attend a mandatory online orientation video meeting.
During the orientation, mentors will receive information about the program requirements.
Select Up to Three Mentees
1. Mentors will receive solicitation requests from mentees.
2. Upon receiving a solicitation from mentees, mentors must select up to three mentees.
3. Mentee and mentor have an introductory video conference meeting with program coordinator.
If both mentee and mentor agree, their mentoring relationship will begin.
Begin Mentoring Relationship
During the mentoring session, mentors are required to follow the program requirements.
Program coordinators will send reminders and notifications as needed.
Program Coordinators will be available for support as needed.